noun \bi-ˈhā-vyər, bē-\
: the way a person or animal acts or behaves
Full Definition of BEHAVIOR
1a : the manner of conducting oneself
b : anything that an organism does involving action and response to stimulation
Examples of BEHAVIOR
- I’m surprised by her bad behavior toward her friends.
- Students will be rewarded for good behavior.
- scientists studying the behavior of elephants
- An acceptable social behavior in one country may be unacceptable in another country.
- Doctors are trying to educate people about behaviors that can put them at increased risk for skin cancer.
- The experiment tested the behavior of various metals under heat and pressure.
Origin of BEHAVIOR
alteration of Middle English behavour, from behaven
noun (Medical Dictionary)